PACTO Bus Buddies is a network of volunteers across the County that help people who need extra support to use public or community transport e.g.
- Dial-a ride services
- Community car services
What is our aim?
We help people to get to the shops, to appointments/medical appointments, to meet a friend or join a group or just gain confidence using public or community transport.
Bus Buddies will help people:
- Plan and make a journey
- Offer practical help including help people on and off the bus safely, help with shopping etc.
- Offer support reassurance and companionship during and after the journey.
Help to build confidence to travel independently.
Who uses this service?
The service is for anyone of any age who needs additional support to use public and community transport and includes:
- People with learning difficulties
- People with physical difficulties or additional mobility needs (including wheel chair users)
- People with mental health, anxiety or social issues
- People with sensory impairments
- People recovering from a fall or hospital stay
- People who are vulnerable or lonely
For more information on using the service or becoming a volunteer contact Angela or Emma.
Phone: 01437 770119