Parents and Childcare Employment (PaCE) can cover childcare while parents undertake volunteering, work experience; gaining skills and getting jobs. Who can PaCE Help? PaCE can help parents aged 25 or over who are unemployed as well as young parents (16-24) who are not in employment or training. Parents Childcare Employment advisers (PaCE advisers) support parents by:
- Providing one to one support in family friendly locations; supporting parents in their search for training and employment.
- Helping with ‘Better Off’ in work calculations.
- Providing employment advice and guidance, including self employment.
- Identifying childcare options
- Funding childcare.
- Identifying training requirements.
- Getting parents closer to the workplace.
PaCE advisers support parents who wish to engage with the project on a voluntary basis. They can improve skills, tackle low confidence and/or self esteem. For more information email the parents adviser at: PaCE@wales.gsi.gov.uk.
Tel: 0300 025 2663